I hate leg day. I really do. Thankfully I share this hatred with most of my brethren (pun forcefully intended). Tomorrow is the day I perform my weekly leg workout. It’s the day this site turns from Seraph to Demonic. It’s agony in its most righteous form. Its … okay, maybe it’s not that bad, but it is definitely my least favorite workout day.
Most of us don’t walk around with our pants off and shirts on (but major kudos to those of you who do), so we assume that we don’t really need to work on the muscles that don’t show. It seems almost logical on the surface. Let’s examine the facts though.
You look weak
Okay, this is the obvious one. Nothing looks more ridiculous then a guy with huge arms and scrawny legs. You won’t impress anyone even if your arms are on par with the Governator. Unless you wear baggy jeans (and I really hope you don’t), then your twig legs will be obvious. Plus you should want to go to the beach to show off your godlike body so just stop being so pitiful and go hit the squat rack already.
Your other muscles will grow
This is amazing, by doing an intense leg workout, the muscles throughout your whole body will grow bigger as a result of the increased secretion of testosterone and growth hormone. Your muscles will actually grow throughout your whole body as a result from training your legs. It doesn’t get much better than that.
Those are a couple of pretty damn good reasons to step up your game. They’re the reasons that although I’m not looking forward to my leg workout tomorrow, I will still be pushing myself to the threshold of anguish at the bottom of the squat rack for that last remaining rep. So do yourself a favor and start working out your legs as powerfully as you work your arms. It’ll be one of the wiser choices you make in this life.